There are many fancy finishes and upgrades you can go for whether you’re buying a new condo, or looking to invest more in your existing place. But before you break the bank, you may want to consider which condo updates will actually provide more value, whether you are staying, selling or buying.
- Go carpet free. Most people are not in favour of carpet because it’s likely to get dirty and we all know, stain removal can be a pain. As well, carpets are not very pet friendly and are conducive to allergies. You are better off with a nice laminate or even better, hardwood flooring.
- Add storage. In smaller spaces, any extra storage space feels like a blessing. Built in storage units and closet organization helps to maximize space and keep the rest of the condo tidy.
- Upgraded counters: Laminate countertops in kitchens and bathrooms are done and done. Today, people expect to see upgraded counters like granite or quartz in kitchens and bathrooms. This is a finish that provides an instant boost to any space.
- New lighting: Nothing brings together a room more than a well-chosen light fixture. If your condo space is still dressed in builder or dated light fixtures, it’s time for an update. Fortunately, updating light fixtures is an upgrade that doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Modern hardware and faucets: Like lighting, updated faucets and hardware for cabinetries and doors, is an upgrade that doesn’t have to eat up a lot of your budget. These updates are a great way to make the ordinary look custom.
Now just imagine your space with these upgrades. Or, if you’re in the market, picture finding yourself a place already equipped with these finishes. Together, these updates will make your entire space look and feel luxurious.