A good host or hostess can pull off a warm and inviting gathering, despite the size of their home. So if you’re planning on hosting this holiday season or any day for that matter, and doubt that the size of your space can uphold a soiree or not, don’t fret! Here are a few tips to help you pull off a great event that will have all of your guests feeling great during and after your party.
- Do as much as you can beforehand. That’s right, prepare as much of the food as you can so you and your guests aren’t hovering in the kitchen area creating a chaotic feel. Plus, by preparing in advance, you’ll have more time to mingle with your guests before they have to leave.
- Think outside the box for seating. If you have unique seating in your place already like a stool, side chair or pouf, gather them in an area you would like your guests to sit and mingle like around the coffee table or couch.
- Designate a spot for your guests’ things. If you don’t have enough space in your entry or front closet, think of a spot to stash coats, purses and other things so that it won’t get in the way or your party.
- Spread out the food: People tend to gather around the food and if you’re worried that will create too much traffic in one spot, then simply spread the food throughout your place. For example, you can put a cheese tray on a counter, and your olives and nuts on a side table or coffee table.
- Casual is the way to go. Just by creating a relaxed vibe with good ambience (think great food, some contemporary music and candles in the background), your guests are going to have an amazing time and will not be thinking about the size of your home. Now, pop the champagne and enjoy yourself.
Seasons Greetings from Forest Green Homes!