You love a spotless home – and now that the temperature is beginning to rise, it’s the perfect time to get a head start on your spring cleaning. Here are five cleaning ideas to give your home that special sparkle for you and your visitors.
- Wash the windows: Clean windows and sunshine go hand in hand. Now that the sun is pouring in – and let’s hope it stays that way – it’s time to get out that window cleaner and do some spraying and wiping. Clean windows will allow more of that sunlight to stream in beautifully.
- Reorganize kitchen and bathroom cabinets: A great way to start fresh this upcoming season is to get rid of the things you don’t need and reorganize the stuff that you do need. Start by emptying your kitchen cabinets and bathroom drawers. Give them a good wipe down and then assess what you need and don’t need. Keep the most used items in accessible places, and less required items in harder to reach places. Well kept bathroom drawers and kitchen cabinets will make you feel light and airy like the spring season.
- Clean the Baseboards: Dust accumulates just about anywhere. A fantastic way to give your home a spotless look is to have dust free baseboards. Give them a good clean by first vacuuming them with a brush attachment or duster. Then wipe them down with a sponge or cloth dampened with some warm water and vinegar. Start with one room at a time, otherwise the project can feel overwhelming.
- Wash the curtains: Curtains are usually one of the most neglected parts of our home when it comes to cleaning. However, washing curtains at the turn of any season is the perfect way to keep rooms feeling fresh and clean. Cleaning your curtains is also important for eliminating any unwanted buildup on the fabric. In fact, curtains attract dirt and dust from the outside when windows are open, and from ceiling fans and air vents. Be sure to wash your curtains according to the labels provided on your window coverings to keep them in tact.
- Scrub Down your Kitchen Appliances: It’s easy to give the microwave and toaster a clean here and there, but we often avoid the oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. Cleaning these major appliances can feel like a major project however, their cleanliness will give your kitchen a spotless feel. Below are some links to help you clean these appliances right.