Finding a place to store your belongings can be especially difficult if you live in a small space. There are a few things, however, that you can do to increase storage in places you hadn’t even thought of. Here are a few tips for you to use:
1. You can maximize space by hanging a panel behind a door or inside a closet. You’ll find storage panels for everything from papers to shoes, bathroom supplies, and ties. Use as many as you can to keep things organized in a space maximizing way.
2. Look for storage opportunities in all your furniture pieces. For example, find side tables with a shelf or a bed with built-in storage or space underneath. You can even incorporate a bedskirt to preserve the aesthetics of your room while also incorporating methods for storage.
3. Use filing cabinets to manage and store important paperwork that you don’t want misplaced. Set up the cabinets around a desk or in an office area to maintain a consistent theme and avoid a cluttered look.
4. Use small corners and nooks by incorporating a narrow cabinet or built in shelves to store your books, CDs, DVDs, games, and other entertainment gadgets.
5. Install floating shelves to hold just about anything from kitchen essentials to decorations.
Maximizing storage space is about making more functional space around your home, reduce clutter and to clear out your closets. If you still have too much clutter in your home even after reorganizing, it would a good idea to get rid of items that you no longer use or that don’t appeal to your taste anymore.