Thank goodness for furniture design that considers function and style all at once. Today, many furniture pieces double as functional living pieces. With more and more people opting to live in smaller spaces, furniture needs to be practical and useful as well as stylish and graceful.
In the Bedroom
The bedroom has so many options for creative storage space that is not only functional, but beautiful as well. Here are some ideas:
1. The addition of shelving to your headboard will create a stylish accent while offering new spaces for books and glasses.
2. Having a headboard that conceals storage space is another great way to utilize space beautifully.
3. Having an armoire for clothing with a storage space that pulls down to reveal a laptop is another great way of concealing computer wires and paperwork. And accessories works wonders for creating a workspace that doubles as an armoire.
In the Living Room
The living room is easily the first room to become the most cluttered. It is the hub of activity and where everybody lays his or her hats, so to speak. Check out these storage ideas for the living room:
1. Storage benches that have cubbies in them are a great addition to any hallway or entryway. The storage bench is a great place to leave scarves, hats, and gloves, while the cubbies can be used to store boots on rainy and snowy days.
2. Sofas that have hidden storage space, and that can double up as a bed are great space saving solutions for living rooms.
3. Ottomans that have storage space inside their tops are great ways to store remote controls, your computer mouse, and your technology chargers out of sight and out of mind.
In the Kitchen
Kitchens are the hot spot of the home and, as such, having one that runs efficiently and decoratively all at once is a pure pleasure. Here are some storage ideas for the kitchen:
1. Kitchen tables are no longer simply tables. They function as storage units as well. Kitchen islands are a fabulous way to have a gathering place while also providing a place to store food, kitchen gadgets and accessories.
2. To keep your kitchen storage organized, try adding a pullout shelf to your cabinets. This type of shelving allows you to see and reach everything, saving you time when searching for items in your cabinets.
These are just a few simple ways that furniture can double as storage space and do so beautifully.