The concept of Feng Shui considers elements of home design with your health and well-being in mind. Feng Shui practitioners believe that balance and harmony can be achieved by controlling your surroundings and way of life.
In the bedroom, Feng Shui is especially important, as the room’s decor will have a huge impact on the way you sleep and wake up. Since we spend so much time asleep, and it’s one of the best ways to rapidly heal our bodies, inducing sound sleep is just one way in which we can improve our health.
Check out our six Feng Shui tips for your bedroom space below:
- The bed position, for one, is an important aspect of how you will spend the night. In the Feng Shui mindset, a bed shouldn’t be placed on the same wall as the door to the room. The bed must be placed in a location that indicates dominance and prevalence. This is usually the spot in the room that yields the best view of the doorway but isn’t entirely aligned with the door. If you find yourself in a position where you can’t relocate your bed according to the door rule, you can use a mirror placed in front of the bed to reflect the doorway and grant you dominance over the room.
- Feng Shui also follows the idea that our surroundings are direct affecters and premonitions of our fate. If there is a table with a sharp angled edge aiming at you, relocate it. It is said that this could have adverse effects on your health and overall well-being.
- According to Feng Shui, it is advised to let go of the TV, computer or exercise equipment. When such items are present in the bedroom, they bring the energy of work, stress and distraction.
- Another Feng Shui tip for the bedroom is to use soothing colours, and to select art with happy and beautiful energy. The best art choices will portray love, happy relationships, healing and intimacy. You will also want to ensure you have several levels of lighting. Candles provide the best lighting in a bedroom, as they create an intimate and warm feeling.
- Keeping air energy fresh is also important. Open the windows or use an air purifier to keep the bedroom fresh and full of oxygen. Using essential oils in your air purifier can have healing properties.
- Finally, keep the bedroom, closet and en-suite bathroom doors closed at night to keep the positive energy you’ve created from escaping at night.