It’s always a good thing to be kinder to our environment. It’s even better, when being kinder to the environment directly helps our families and home. We have come across three natural home cleaners you can make with basic, household items. These are safer and less harmful options than most store bought cleaners. We’ve got a cleaner that will tackle those finger prints on your stainless steel, a gentle solution for your wood floors, and something a bit more potent for that grimy tub!
1. DIY Stainless Steel Cleaner (from: Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen)
An easy way to clean your stainless steel and keep those finger prints off for a bit, only requires three ingredients which you likely have already.
– First, mix together a vinegar and water solution with a 1 to 1 ratio in a spray bottle.
– Spray the vinegar and water solution directly on your stainless steel appliances and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth going with the grain of the steel.
– Once dry, put a little olive oil on a dry cloth and rub it in, going with the grain.
2. DIY Wood Floor Cleaner (From the Make Your Own Zone)
If you’re looking for an inexpensive, less toxic way to clean your wood floors, here is an easy recipe. You will only need distilled water, rubbing alcohol and dish soap.
– Mix together 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup distilled water and a small squirt of dish soap in a squirt bottle.
– Spray an area of the floor and dry with a cloth mop like a Swiffer dry.
– Continue to spray the floor and dry clean.
3. DIY Tub Cleaner (From POPSUGAR)
To get rid of stubborn grease and grime in the tub. try this two-ingredient mixture – vinegar and dish soap.
– Slightly warm a quarter cup of vinegar in the microwave.
– Then pour it into a spray bottle and add a 1/4 cup of Dawn dish soap.
– Give the bottle a shake and squirt onto the tub, tiles and grout. Let sit for 20 minutes or a couple of hours depending on the state of your tub, then rinse.